Arrival at Chennai airport meet and assist by our representative proceed to the hotel for check-in. Rest of the day will be free for leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast leave for city tour of Madras visiting the Museum to see the Art and Bronze Gallery (Closed on Fridays and Public holidays). Drive through the Flower and Fruit market, High court, Fort Museum, Marina Beach, Santhome Cathedral and snake park. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast drive to Mahabalipuram on the way visiting Kanchipuram – it is an ancient capital of the Pallavas famous as a city of 1000 Temples and still has 124 shrines. Temples of Ekambaswara, Kailasanatha, Sri Kamakshi and Varadarajaswamy are of interest. Kanchipuram is also well known for its silks. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast visit Mahabalipuram – it is popular for the seven pagodas. Here on the seashore is an interesting group of ancient rock hewn temples which are the examples of Dravidian style of Architecture. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast drive to Pondicherry this erstwhile French colony on the east coast of South India merged with the rest of the country in 1954. Legend says that Pondicherry is the place where St. Agasthaya settled down. On arrival, check in at hotel. Later you will visit Auroville – a unique experiment in international living and in creating a new environment. Where men and women of all nationalities live together in harmony. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast head towards Tanjore via Chidambaram. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. In the afternoon visit Tanjore, once the capital of Chola Kings, has the Brahadeswara temple (or the big temple of God). Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast drive to Trichy. Upon arrival check in at hotel. Afternoon visit the Trichy city, shortname of Trichurapalli, situated on the banks of KaveriRiver is a combination of history and tradition as well as pilgrim centre. Visit the well known Rock fort and its temple at a height of over 23mts. Also visit Srirangam and JambukeshwarTemple. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast drive to Madurai. Later check in at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast proceed for a city tour with a visit to Sri Meenakshi temple for which Madurai is synonymous with. Later visit Thirumala’s Nayakr Mahal, Gandhi museum and Thiruparangundram. Overnight in Madurai.
(Non-Hindus are not allowed in the temple where the main deities are placed).
In the morning head to Periyar. On arrival transfer to Hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view a game, you will see elephants, tiger, sambar, barking deer, lion-tailed macaque and a rich birdlife on a government-run boat ride. Overnight in Periyar.
After breakfast spice plantations tour. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast proceed further to Alleppey. Check in to the houseboat in Alleppey by noon for cruising through legendary backwaters of Kerala. En-route you will witness a full range of lives and activities and some mind-boggling sceneries. Overnight in the houseboat. A houseboat is a private boat with a fully furnished spacious bath attached bed rooms, hygiene kitchen, dining area and private front deck to capture the beauty of the backwaters.
After breakfast in the houseboat disembark at Alleppey, later leave for Cochin & rest of the day at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast proceed further for a city tour of Cochin. Cochin is the natural harbour created by the famed underwater Malabar mud-banks whose quality ensures that the rougher the seas are outside the calmer the waters are within the Harbour. Vasco-de-Gama placed it on the world map. It has a Jewish synagogue, Portuguese churches, Mosques & Hindu temples, Mattancherry Palace etc. Watch the Chinese Fishing Nets. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast on time transfer to Airport to embark on flight for onward destination.
- Accommodation: On Double/Twin sharing basis for 08 Nights as per the room category mentioned below at all the hotels. (Hotel Check-in time 14:00 Hours and check-out time 12:00 Noon).
- Meals: On breakfast basis. Except in houseboat where all meals (breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) will be served
- Transport: All transport services including all arrival/departure transfers at the Airport, sightseeing and all excursions as per the above program by using 01 Air Conditioned vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Guide: 02 to 05 paying persons - Local English-Speaking Guide at each place during sightseeing tour as per itinerary. 06 to 14 Paying persons - Accompanying English-Speaking Guide will be provided from arrival till departure.
- All applicable taxes are included.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as telephone, laundry, alcohol etc.
- Any Airfare, Visa, insurance etc.
- Airport tax, if any.
- Any extra meals other than breakfast as specified.
- Camera / Video fee at the monuments or any expenses not mentioned above.
- Any Monument Entrances. (Same will be settled directly by the guests at the monuments.)
- Tips & porterage at the Hotels/Restaurants, Driver & Guide.
A supplement may apply by the hotels using rooms between Christmas & New Year period. Also if there will be any Mandatory Gala Dinner on Christmas or New Year Eve at any of the hotels, then the same will be payable directly by the guests.